Drinking rosé is truly enjoyable, especially in the summertime. Nothing is more lovely in the hot months than to enjoy a glass of cool pink wine on the terrace, on the balcony or in the garden on a balmy evening. A bottle of wine, a few friends and something sweet – that’s all one needs!
Our Gemischter Satz Rosé is a great companion for those sultry summer evenings. Blaufränkisch, Zweigelt & Merlot grow mixed together in the vineyard – just like in Austria’s classic Gemischter Satz sites. The grapes are harvested at the same time and then vinified together as well. The result is a tasty & fruity wine with pleasant acidity. It features flavours of raspberries & currant, which is why we prefer to serve it along with a fruity-sweet berry tart. With the wine’s attractive spiciness, the desire for the next sip becomes so great that a single bottle may not be enough.
- 1 fruitcake form Ø 28 cm
- 3 organic eggs
- 80 grams of plain flour
- .5t baking powder
- 2 pinches of salt
- 80 grams of granulated sugar
- 1t bourbon vanilla sugar
- zest of half an organic lemon
- soft butter & flour for the pan
- seasonal fruit for the topping
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, top/bottom heat.
- Grease the fruitcake form with butter and dust with flour.
- Separate the eggs, mix flour with baking powder, butter and a pinch of salt
- Beat the egg whites with another pinch of salt. Once they starts to achieve consistency, sprinkle in a few tablespoons of the granulated sugar, then beat until stiff.
- Mix the yolks with remaining sugar, vanilla sugar and the lemon zest.
- Stir a portion of the beaten egg whites into the yolk-sugar mixture, sift the flour over it and stir.
- Add remaining egg whites and evenly distribute the dough in the prepared form.
- Bake in the oven for about 10–12 minutes at 180°C top/bottom heat (not too long, so that the bottom does not get too dry).
- Allow to cool briefly after baking, gently remove from the mould and cool on a wire rack.
- When the sponge cake is cool and ready, it may be spread with jam (e.g., currant) or whipped cream and topped as one likes: for example, with a summery berry mix of currants, raspberries & blackberries.
Fancy a glass of Gemischter Satz Rosé?
Click here for the Gemischter Satz Rosé 2015 in our Webshop.